|Posted on July 6, 2015 at 5:00 AM|
The clock is counting down for our local Motocross stars bound for Spain to take part in the Junior World Motocross Championship on 17-19th July 2015.
In the 2014 event, which was held in Belgium, more than 300 riders between 10 and 17 years old, representing 38 different nations and all 6 Continental unions of the FIM, took part.
The following riders will be representing South Africa in their respective classes in the 2015 event:
• 85cc class - Cayle Dormehl and Cameron Durow
• 125cc class - Joshua Mlimi and Charl van Eeden
The venue for the event, El Molar, is a hard based circuit, well known and liked by a wide spread of motocross enthusiasts. The circuit has hosted multiple rounds of the Spanish Championship, with each round receiving positive feedback from the riders. Offering a great location nestled in the Spanish capital of Madrid, and with the likelihood of great weather, the 2015 FIM Junior Motocross World Championship in El Molar is sure to produce the top notch racing that has come to be expected from the world’s fastest young racers.
Programme of Events:
Friday 17th July/2015
• 10:00 am to 05:00 pm Technical and administrative verification
• 06:30 pm OPENING CEREMONY FIM JUNIOR MX 2015
Saturday 18th July 2015
• 09:00 am to 07:00 pm Free Practice and Qualifying 85cc, 125cc and European Open 65cc
• 08:00 pm to 10:00 pm OFFICIAL PARTY - JUNIOR MX 2015
Sunday 19th July 2015
• 09:00 am to 10:30 am WARM UP 85cc, 125CC and European Open 65cc
• 10:30 am Presentation of Teams and Riders
• 11:00 am to 05:00 pm FINAL 85cc, 125CC (2 runs per category) and European Open 65cc
• 05:00 pm PODIUM CEREMONY
Categories: FMN News South Africa